- 形容詞 (Adjective)
- 名詞 (Noun)
- (countable) A domestic fowl, Gallus gallus, especially when young.
- (uncountable) The meat from this bird eaten as food.
- (countable, slang) A coward.
- (countable, gay slang) A young, attractive, slim man, usually having little body hair. Compare chickenhawk.
- (countable, slang) A young or inexperienced person.
- A confrontational game in which the participants move toward each other at high speed (usually in automobiles); the player who turns first to avoid colliding into the other is the chicken (i.e., the loser.).
- The game of dare.
- 動詞 (Verb)
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) (intransitive) To develop physical or other characteristics resembling a chicken's, for example, bumps on the skin.
- (intransitive) To avoid a situation one is afraid of.
- Blimey, it's a bit taters this morning, innit?